Elections to the Council of Governors will be held in July and August of this year, so now is the time to start thinking about whether you would like to put yourself forward for the role.
To find out more, we recommend you attend one of our two ‘Prospective Governor Meets’ being held at the Trust on the main RD&E Wonford site. Alternatively take the opportunity to visit our Governor stand at the following community events for a chance to hear first hand about the role.
RD&E Prospective Governor Meets
RILD (Research Innovation Learning & Development)
Barrack Rd, Exeter, Devon, EX2 5DW
Click on the links below to book your place for your preferred date.
- Session 1; Wednesday, 3rd July, 17.30-18.30
- Session 2: Wednesday, 10th July, 16.30 – 17.30 (Note; a repeat of the previous week’s session)
Tiverton Community Hospital – Main hospital foyer
Kennedy Way, Tiverton EX16 6NT
Governor ‘drop-in’ session – Monday, 8th July, 12.30 – 2.30
Other Community Events
The RD&E will have a Governor stand at the following upcoming community led events.
Exmouth Community College, Gipsy Lane, EX8 3AF
King George Sports & Community Centre Moretonhampstead
- Wellmoor ‘Working Together on Wellbeing; Connecting to Build a Stronger Community 19th June, 9.00 – 12.45
For more information about the Governor role, including a short film check out our Governor page.
To find out more or to request a nomination pack from the external election provider, UK Engage:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 0345 209 3770
- Online: nom.ukevote.uk/rde
- Fax: 0161 209 4804
- Post: UK Engage, Image House, 10 Acorn Business Park, Heaton Lane, Stockport SK4 1AS
Alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call the Engagement Office on 01392 403977.
Elections Timetable for 2019
- Nomination forms available – 17 July 2019
- Deadline for receipt of nominations – 2 August 2019
- Voting papers sent to members – 19 August 2019
- Voting closes – 12 September 2019
- Results declared – 13 September 2019
Current Vacancies – 16 in total (13 public, 3 staff)
- East Devon, Dorset & Somerset & Rest of England – 5 vacancies (3 for terms of 3 years, 1 for a term of 2 years and 1 for a term of 1 year)
- Exeter & South Devon – 4 vacancies (3 for terms of 3 years, 1 for a term of 2 years)
- Mid, North, West Devon & Cornwall – 4 vacancies (3 for terms of 3 years, 1 for a term of 1 year)
- Staff – 3 vacancies (1 for a term of 3 years, 2 for a term of 1 year)
If you aren’t a member yet but would still like to attend one of the ‘Prospective Governor Meet’s that’s fine. If you do wish to stand for election though you will need to become a member.