As part of our continued actions to protect the community regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and to keep the hospital running we would respectfully request that you consider the changes we are making to members of the public visiting patients in the Trust.
In order to reduce the footfall to keep the virus away from the hospital for as long as possible, and maintain our service levels for patients, we are asking members of the public to consider the following:
- Reduced visiting times – 14:00-19:00 (does not apply to children’s wards). We recognise that there will be exceptional circumstances for some patients and we would request that any exceptions are discussed with the nurse in charge.
- We advise that you visit your family member/loved one for no longer than 1 hour (does not apply to children’s wards).
- We would advise that it is preferable that children under the age of 16 years of age do not attend the hospital to visit a family member/loved one.
- We are asking that visits are kept to one person per bed space at any time, or two persons at children’s wards.
- Upon entering the wards, please ensure that you either wash your hands thoroughly (for 20 at least seconds) or use the alcohol gel provided. We would ask that you do the same on leaving the ward.
- Alongside this we would advise considering the potential risk to others before you travel to the hospital.
- Please note these restrictions also apply to outpatient visitors.
We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause in the short term.
Our aim in asking for your help is to ensure we can continue to deliver safe patient care by reducing the risk of spreading the virus so that we can keep our beds open and protect our staff to care for our patients.
Thank you for your help in this.