Elections to the Council of Governors will be held in July and August of this year, so now is the time to start thinking about whether you would like to put yourself forward for the role.
To request a nomination pack from the external election provider, UK Engage:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0345 209770
- Post: UK Engage, Image House, 10 Acorn Business Park, Heaton Lane, Stockport SK4 1AS
Alternatively email us at email@example.com
or call the Engagement Office on 01392 403977.
Terms of office
Our annual elections didn’t take place last year in order to prioritise the management of the COVID-19 pandemic. So, as there were no Governors elected in 2020, in order to get back on track with a routine cycle of elections, this year we are offering different terms of office (some 2 years, some 3 years) .
Current Vacancies – 12 in total (8 public, 4 staff)
- East Devon, Dorset & Somerset & Rest of England – 3 vacancies (all posts for terms of two years)
- Exeter & South Devon – 3 vacancies ( two posts for a term of two years and one for a term of three years)
- Mid, North, West Devon & Cornwall – 2 vacancies (one post for a two year term and one for a three year term)
- Staff – 4 vacancies ( three posts for a two year term and one for a three year term.
If you aren’t a member yet but would still like to attend one of the ‘Prospective Governor Meet’s that’s fine. If you do wish to stand for election though you will need to become a member.
Nomination period opens – 26 July 2021
Deadline for receipt of nominations – 11 August 2021
Voting opens – 26 August 2021
Voting closes – 21 September 2021
Results declared – 22 September 2021
Governor terms of office begin – 29 September 2021 at the Annual Members Meeting