Staff at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital were celebrated for their exceptional contribution at the hospital’s Autumn Extraordinary People Awards.
The seasonal awards are a way of recognising extraordinary staff who do exceptional things and often go above and beyond to provide high quality services. Nominations are made by fellow staff members or patients who want to acknowledge an individual or team, and the winners in each category are chosen by a panel of judges from the Trust’s Executive Board.
The autumn awards ceremony, which was hosted by Trust Chairman James Brent, recently took place in RILD at the RD&E. It was attended by staff, Governors and members of the Board, along with the winners of the awards and those who nominated them.
The awards categories consist of Excellent Care, Exceed, Extra Mile, Exceptional Leader and Excellence in Values and Behaviours.
The autumn winners were:
- Excellent Care Award – Mimi O’Connell, Staff Nurse Tavy Ward for the exceptional kindness and humanity she showed to a patient
- Exceed Award – Maria Leveridge, Paediatric Diabetes Dietitian for her #CookAndEatExeter work with young people who have diabetes
- Extra Mile (Clinical) – Urology Consultant Mark Stott for the key role he plays in the surgical team
- Extra Mile (Non-Clinical) – Senior Assistant Accountant Neil Sloman for his calm, positive and diligent attitude
- Extra Mile Team Award – The Exeter Community Rehabilitation Service, for the support they provide to people at home with acute and long term conditions
- Exceptional Leader (Clinical) Award – Jane Watson, Senior Nurse, who is constantly striving for quality and excellence to transform patient care
- Exceptional Leader (Non-clinical) Award – Larry Webb, Amanda Roberts and Ali Purkiss for demonstrating patience, understanding and empathy
- Excellence in Values and Behaviours Award – Jackie Hatton, Therapy Services Admin Lead, for her leadership and continuous improvement work
- Special Recognition Award – Naomi Snook Force Charity Manager and Volunteers Ruth Bagwell, Madge Webber and Becky Handford for their support at our Urology patient Health and Wellbeing Clinics
- Special Recognition Award – Retiring Non-Executive Director David Robertson for his unfaltering commitment and loyalty to the Trust over the last seven years
James Brent, Chairman of the RD&E, said: “Our staff consistently go above and beyond to provide excellent care to patients and this shone through in all the amazing nomination forms we received. It is always inspiring and humbling to hear such wonderful stories, and so on behalf of the Trust I thank you all for your extraordinary work.”
If you would like to nominate someone for the next round of Extraordinary People Awards please visit our website.